The Castletown and District Over 60’s Club
The Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Club lay out its structure, operation and objectives.
The objectives for which the Club is established are:
- To provide and cater for the social needs of elderly people residing in the south of the Isle of Man, [see definition below] to provide entertainment of all description for them and to arrange meetings, lectures, concerts, parties and all other functions for the benefit of the elderly and to provide meals and other refreshments for people attending these functions.
- To build, equip, maintain, furnish and fit-out with all necessary furniture and equipment any building or other premises to be used for the benefit of the elderly.
- To employ all such officers and servants as may be required for the purposes of the Club.
- To purchase or otherwise acquire lands and buildings for any estate or interest and sell or otherwise dispose of the same.
- To build and maintain houses (whether or not required for occupation for the purposes of the Club) and alter and improve the same including any existing buildings and to provide the same with lights, water, drainage and all other necessaries.
- To let as residences, shops or otherwise any part or parts of any land or buildings and in such divisions and manner as may be expedient.
- To raise money for any of the above purposes by mortgaging or charging all or any such property as may be legally mortgaged or charged with capital sums or with terminable annuities for lives years or raise money in any other legal manner.
- To accept subscriptions and donations (whether of real or personal estate) and devises and bequests for all or any of the purposes aforesaid and to sell and dispose of, to lease and accept surrenders of leases of and manage all real estate (including leaseholds) so received and not required to be or capable of being occupied for the purpose of the Club and generally to manage, invest and expend all monies belonging to the Club.
- To invest the monies of the Club not immediately required for its purposes in or upon such investments, securities or property as may be thought fit subject nevertheless to such conditions as may for the time being imposed or required by law.
- To do all such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objectives or any of them.
All income and property of the Club wherever derived shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the objectives of the Club as set out in the memorandum of association.
NOTE: FOR THE PURPOSES OF THE CLUB THE DEFINITION OF ‘THE SOUTH OF THE ISLE OF MAN’ IS AS FOLLOWS:
- The Town of Castletown
- The Parish of Arbory.
- The Parish of Malew.
- The Parish of Rushen.
- The Village of Port Erin.
- The Village of Port St Mary.
- The Parish of Santon.